Chocolate Films is a video production company with bases in London and Glasgow. We produce a wide range of exceptional video content for museums, art galleries, charities and corporate clients. We are a values driven company. Run as a social enterprise, we use profits to support Chocolate Films Workshops, a leader in creative and skills-based digital media workshops for children, young people and vulnerable adults. And we pioneer new ways of producing social documentary on Chocolate FIlms Projects, with series such as 1000 Londoners.The role of HR and office manager is a new full time role, based principally in the London office and reporting to the company directors. Key responsibilities are as follows:
Main HR Responsibilities
- Manage payroll process from beginning to end and liaise with external payroll company with regards to monthly payroll
- Manage admin of recruitment including performing initial phone screens of potential suitable candidates, preparing offer letters and employment contracts
- Leading new hire onboarding regarding the benefits, payroll, and cultural processes that are the foundation of our employees experience
- Manage absence including annual leave and ‘time off in lieu’ scheme.
- Manage and update our skills matrix, to ensure that the team are constantly developing and the account managers are kept up to date with the skill base of individual team members
- Organise and monitor internal training sessions, and recommend when external training is required.
- Be responsible for making sure employees know, understand and agree to all company policies
- Keep up to date with all disciplinary matters
- Maintain employee files and administration software
- Build trusted relationships with employees and provide guidance and support as they develop their careers at Chocolate Films
- Be the champion of the culture of the business which includes leading culture meetings, and organising team events.
- Managing expenses and company credit cards
Main Office Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth running of the office and provide general administrative support to the team
- Manage and order stationery, office and catering supplies, checking stock regularly and order and replenish as necessary to ensure that supplies never run out
- Support with purchasing for the crew and post-production team
- Maintain the general appearance of the office at all times
- You have strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- You never have an excuse for things being late because you are so organised things are done 48 hours early-and done well
- You have a high level of professionalism with sensitive and confidential employee issues
- You are a vault and treat personal information with respect and care. Lots of information goes in but nothing comes out.
- You will have allegiance to the employer and its policies and be able to effectively address deviations to this to support the aims of the company
- Communicates effectively, professionally, and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s Degree (philosophy, Asian history, paleontology-all cool! We want to know that you can read, research and think critically in a formal setting).
- At least 2 years’ experience in HR with experience executing payroll and benefits
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Office Administrator/Manager role
Payment: Annual salary of £23,000-27,500 depending on experience.
Duration: An initial 3 month trial period with a view to a longer term position.
Regular working week Monday to Friday 9.00 – 6pm. Time off in lieu offered for extra hours.
Holidays: 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter that shows that you are the ideal candidate for the job, detailing why the role interests you, your suitability for the job and key relevant experience
Applications close 21 December 2018