Office Manager – London
Office Manager (London)
£29,000 – £34,000 per annum
5 days a week, 9.00am – 6.00pm
1 February 2024
Are you our new office manager?
The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and the ability to take the initiative and prioritise daily tasks. A strong ability to take charge and meet deadlines will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role.
- This is an office-based position ONLY (9 am – 6 pm)
- Local to Battersea/ Nine Elms would be an asset
- Opening the office each morning and preparing it for our co-working guests
- Front of house for our Nine Elms Studio – Greeting guests, general hospitality and assisting with our membership scheme.
- Supporting the company directors – Arranging meetings, preparing documents, diary management and allocating vehicles.
- Dealing with general correspondence via email and telephone
- Recruitment, helping with arranging interviews to organising induction programmes for new employees
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
- Assisting the organisation’s HR and keeping personnel records up to date, including management of holiday/In lieu requests from staff
- Organising company events and conferences
- Provide ad hoc support around the office as needed
- Sales ledger support – raising and updating invoices on Xero for clients, managing payments due in,
- Purchase ledger support – managing payments due out, entering purchase documentation into Dext / Xero and liaise with Accountants to assist with preparation of VAT returns,
- Finance functions – keep an eye on cashflow, in particular with regards to foreign currency and exchange
- Negotiating and purchasing – stationery, IT equipment, camera equipment and office supplies, ensuring we get competitive prices and timely deliveries.
- Liaising with company suppliers, such as energy suppliers and cleaning companies
- Organising payroll and expense claims, including Revolut.
Are you the right fit?
We’re looking for someone with some experience in an admin role. You’ll need the following:
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with the team, other departments and third-party contacts.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience working around a busy creative organisation.
- A proactive approach to your role – recommending ways to drive more productivity into your role and the team role
- IT skills – our main admin platforms are Google Suite, Hubspot, Basecamp, Bright HR
If this sounds like you, please submit an application today!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a short statement (no more than 100 words) that tells us why we should hire you.
Duration: Permanent Full time position (with an initial 6 month trial/ probation period)
Regular working week Monday to Friday 9am – 6.00pm, but flexibility essential.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
The job will be based at Nine Elms Studio, London.