Filmmaker/ Editor – London
£30,000 – £36,000 per annum
5 days a week, 9.00am – 6.00pm
Nine Elms, London
Application deadline: 01 February 2024
We’re looking to grow our team of full-time filmmakers/editors working from our London base at the brand new Nine Elms Studio.
The right person will be a creative storyteller and someone excited to work on editing impactful video content, shooting and editing promos, events, documentaries, conference films and more.
We need someone with a strong eye for what works on social media and what audiences look for in bold and dynamic content. They will also need to hold impeccable skills in attention to detail. They will have proven experience (2 years minimum) in a similar role and should ideally be passionate about art, culture and heritage.
What is Chocolate Films?
Chocolate Films is a video production company with bases in London and Glasgow. We produce video content for museums, art galleries, charities and corporate clients, with an exciting and inspiring client list. Chocolate Films has been run as a social enterprise ever since it was founded in 2001. We use profits from our video production services to support a wide range of filmmaking experiences for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
The ideal candidate should be a self-directed learner, motivated to constantly develop skills and be able to work to fast turnarounds and meet deadlines.
Desired skills include:
- Experience in using Canon cinema cameras (C200) and slr/mirrorless cameras
- Proficient knowledge of documentary/interview lighting
- Strong technical knowledge of sound equipment, accessories and grip
- Excellent skills in Premiere
- Proficiency in motion graphics/animation (After Effects)
- Filmmaking experience in a professional capacity
- Mac user
- Good colour correction and colour grading skills
- Dubbing mixing and sound editing skills
- A positive, can-do attitude, with excellent communication skills
- A full, clean driving license
- An interest in art/art history and the museums sector
- Experience of the full production process of a factual film
- Generating ideas and writing treatments
- Experience in remote filming e.g. through Zoom
Annual salary of £30,000 – £36,000depending on experience.
Employment is contingent on a clean extended DBS check and clean driving license.
An initial 6 month trial period with a view to longer term position. Regular working week Monday to Friday 9.00 – 6pm, but flexibility essential as weekend and evening work is common. Time off in lieu offered for extra hours.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- A covering letter explaining why you’d like to work with us at Chocolate Films
- A link to a video you have made, either independently or as lead filmmaker/editor